Handicare, in collaboration with Age Co, has conducted an extensive study evaluating the accessibility of all the stadiums in the Premier League. The research, encompassing the facilities offered by each stadium, provides a comprehensive ranking of the Premier League teams for the 2023/24 season.
The study yielded the following insights:
- Bournemouth boasts the most accessible Premier League stadium.
- Liverpool, Brighton & Hove Albion, and Chelsea secured the remaining spots in the top four for the most accessible stadiums in the Premier League.
- Only Bournemouth has more than 1% of wheelchair seats relative to its stadium’s capacity.
- Despite having the second-smallest stadium, Bournemouth leads with the highest number of wheelchair seats among all clubs.
- 13 out of 20 clubs offer less than 0.5% of wheelchair seats per stadium capacity.
- Luton’s Kenilworth Road Stadium ranked at the bottom of the accessibility table.
For a more in-depth analysis and detailed findings, you can read the full article here: https://www.ageukmobility.co.uk/mobility-news/article/accessible-premier-league-stadiums