In a tragic turn of events, the lifeless bodies of a billionaire, his wife, and their loyal canine companion were discovered following a fatal gas leak at their summer residence.
Jose Bezerra de Menezes Neto, aged 67, and his wife, Luciana Bezerra, aged 62, met their untimely demise while vacationing at their holiday home.
Known as Binho Bezerra, the prominent business magnate, featured on Forbes’ list of billionaires, was found by his 27-year-old son, Rodrigo Passos Bezerra de Menezes, who grew concerned when his parents failed to appear.
Responding to their absence, Rodrigo ventured to their bedroom, where he made the heartbreaking discovery of his parents’ lifeless bodies, along with the faithful family dog, nestled beneath the bed.
Seeking immediate assistance, Rodrigo called upon a local doctor residing in the same condominium. Despite valiant attempts at resuscitation, their efforts proved futile.
Subsequent to a post-mortem examination, it is suspected that the couple succumbed to carbon monoxide poisoning resulting from a leak in the property’s hydraulic system.
According to law enforcement authorities, a fracture in the exhaust fan hose was identified as the source, allowing noxious fumes from the hot water system to seep into the nearby bedroom where the couple was staying.
Remarkably, there were no indications of violence, and the scene bore no traces of blood. These distressing events unfolded at their residence in Guaruja, near Sao Paulo, Brazil, on the 9th of September.
The public security secretariat of the state of Sao Paulo reports, “The necroscopic report showed that the victims were burned by carbon monoxide.”
Presently, an investigation is underway to determine whether the gas pipelines were correctly installed, potentially shedding light on the circumstances surrounding this tragic incident. Law enforcement authorities have categorized it as a suspicious death and are conducting a thorough inquiry.
This heart-wrenching incident has left many in mourning, and investigations aim to provide answers in the wake of this devastating loss.